Sunday, April 17

anonymous

This is a major part of what inspired my literary pretensions. I found it somewhere, untitled and anonymous, but it struck me. If anybody knows where it came from or who wrote it, please inform me.

You and I, my friend
watched the shades of daylight
darkening to grey, clouds ripening above
until the first droplets plummeted earthward
You and I
unsheltered in your kingdom
let in the whispering rain
within the copse of swaying sycamores
You and I
watched steam rise from our skin
dance and swirl away, ghostly on the breeze
and mingle with the rain
You and I
strayed dangerously close
brushed the rain from one another's face
and with it went our doubts
You and I
fled at last
emerged into a world of warmth and comfort
and heat and light enveloped us
Beside me
you were bedraggled and splendid
shook the rain from your hair with a grin
and warmed my hand in yours


- adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive