Tuesday, October 18

"Mark Knopfler has an extraordinary ability to make a Schecter Custom Stratocaster hoot and sing like angels on a Saturday night, exhausted from being good all week and needing a stiff beer."
- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

On a totally unrelated note, I think I've been taking drugs. The fact that I have no recollection of doing so is obviously a case of drug-induced amnesia. Better check myself into rehab one of these days.

Also, on the word 'fuck'. I have this thing about swearing, which is that i'm fairly liberal about it, unless the other party might be offended or something. I think though, that language should be allowed to evolve... words take on different meanings. 'Fuck' no longer has solely sexual connotations and should not be treated as such. Statements like 'Fuck, Mark Knopfler really sounds old in that track' use the word merely as a statement of surprise. What's new? the word 'Quaint' used to mean vagina, and we use it pretty liberally nowadays.

Fuck it, let's just let the language move on, shall we?


adam



wb :

Blog Archive