Friday, September 18

Premature

I will not fall into the trap of making Pronouncements this time. As far as I'm concerned, the greatness or lack thereof, and the success or lack thereof, of this new band called the Dead Weather can be bloody well left to fate, or market forces, or Jeebus or whoever's miserable job it is to decide these things. But for now, I kind of like them. Normally I'd be a bit suspicious of the new, almost painfully hip indie posturing of which Jack White is almost certainly guilty of. But the music is redeeming - loud, difficult but firmy attached to the ground via the blues, which is one of Jack's few redeeming qualities. Alison Mossheart is charming, the other two kind of blend in but the organ is wicked, all in all it's a good time and I sincerely hope they go somewhere rather than become another White Stripes side project.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive