Sunday, July 24

hate list!

Ever had one of those where everything screws up for you and you really start to despise the world, deep down somewhere?
Well, today isn't one of them. However, I've taken the liberty of compiling the lists of the things that pop up on my 'hate' list whenever these days happen.

ahem.

1. Simple Plan
Without offense to the band members, Simple plan is the worst music conceivable to mankind. Simple plan is not just a joke, it is an insult to music, and a pathetic one at that. To those less mathematically inclined, I would like to just point out that there are only three different ways to play chords I, IV and V and no matter how you juggle them it gets nauseating after awhile. And that's just the music.
The lyrics are without doubt the worst lyrics - now I won't say 'in the whole world' because i've definitely heard worse somewhere - to make it into the popular music culture. Drab, whiney, teenage-angst, oh-god-hates-me-life-sucks bad. I'm serious. After listening to some tracks that's about all I can distill from their songs. I starve for adjectives.
Yes, Simple plan in all it's off-tune, unimaginative, angsty-oh-my-life-sucks-so-bad-please-pity-me-by-buying-my-records glory has to make it to the top of my list.
To all you simple plan fans out there, you can damn well go stick your head in a pig or something suitably offensive.

more to come.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive