Monday, January 23

Gay music!

I've realised something -

Many of my favourite composers, writers and musicians are/were all gay. Gay as in homosexual. Let's list them out...
Tchaikovsky
Francis Poulenc
Oscar Wilde
Freddie Mercury (who was also Indian, and in fact one of the first famous rock stars with Asian descent)

In fact, many of their works strike me as hauntingly familiar, but until I've completed my degree in Sociology i shall remain unable to qualify this strange similarity.

It's like they share some strange, iconoclastic, outsider perspective which is lighthearted and somehow angst-free. Perhaps it has to do with the ostracism and prejudice experienced by gays historically. Then again, many traditionally ostracised and prejudiced-against groups have also contributed notably to the arts, and a shocking lot of them write incomprehensible angsty rubbish. What makes this set of homosexuals different?

Ideas pls.
and I am NOT GAY.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive