Saturday, February 25

product placement

Franz Ferdinand is so horribly, unforgiveably infectious, that they should be made illegal.

--

Dear Diary,
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the harder I try to put something wonderful and profound and philosophical here, the more and more of an idiot i'm going to look like - and maybe I can't think at all, but I'm just pretending. Do you think that if I try too hard I ruin the art or the flair or just that magic of it... or am I trying too hard already?
The irony of it is, the more and more I try to tell you about it coherently the less and less I know what I'm talking about - have you felt that before? Sometimes I think that the world is too caught up creating profundity to stop and listen to themselves blither in a horribly, beweaponedly silly manner.
Dear diary, sometimes it's tempting to think that there's no such thing as honesty- only different degrees of fabrication and contrivance. But that's a horrid thing to think - let me tell you something. You know, sometimes, you can look at the world and what a terrible time other people are having because they're so forsakenly blind and then you think, 'wow, that's terribly silly', and then - you suddenly realise, wow, that's ok. I can still live on. Sometimes being the most profound doesn't matter. And that's the most wonderful feeling.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive