Sunday, May 7

It seems that now everyone's angsting about their lost secondary school days. Various blog entries, conversations and even a chinese model essay (!) serve as evidence.

I don't get it, am I missing something?
Was I asleep, comatose or incapacitated for a good 4 years while time flickered by?

I have no memories of secondary school life. No nostalgia. Ms Kuang told me in sec 3 that i'd grow to love my class by the time graduation came. I never did stop despising them. I'm sorry Ms Kuang. Nothing about any of my CCAs struck me as particularly engaging. Bowling- i quit out of boredom after 2 years. String ensemble- I was a second-rate violinist anyway, and I didn't feel connected to the performance the way some did. Debate- I never got anywhere. JGs RI team 2 was great, but we were team-mates and that was pretty much it. Half the team was juniors, and I don't meet them anymore.

I never found the joy of shared experience because I was angry at everybody.

I told myself i'd give a new start in JC. I did - no-one else did. Like dissolves like, and the rest float and linger.

I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry.
Now I'm stuck between people and the afterimages of others' remembered past.


-adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive