Tuesday, June 20

I've gotten back on the piano. It feels quite good, even though my hands are stiff from months of neglect. Looks like I'll have to re-learn everything, which is, to tell the truth, quite an exciting prospect.
Maybe i'll even get xiu min to teach me something about jazz piano, hmm. But I don't think i'll actually start official lessons again, that's way too stressful. And somehow i enjoy the process of self-learning. In any case, my piano-playing aspirations sort of died with my ABYSMAL grade 8 results. In a way, it forced me to prioritise, but the more immediate result of scraping a bare-minimum pass was that I doodled on gershwin for awhile, tried half of poulenc's novelettes, made a rather pathetic attempt at a Beethoven sonata (pun intended. Score!), then eventually just gave up the whole thing.

Feels good to have it back.

adam

wb :

Blog Archive