Saturday, September 9

Glancing at my blogger dashboard, I realise that I have six blogs: This one, WB, triploidy, portfolio, logblog, and the never-even-started band blog. (The band went on hiatus before we managed to do anything. Haha.) I blog entirely too much.

Unrelatedly, I keep thinking that poetry is an easy way out for writers without the patience or ability to come up with plots/compelling characterisations. Probably isn't true one bit, but at least at the amateur level it does seem that way.

I mean, on one hand it is meant to be extremely dense, meaning-wise, but coupled with the fact that it takes some skill to extract this meaning, it isn't hugely difficult to come up with some nonsense claptrap which sounds philosophical.

On the other hand, I guess poetry does fulfil functions unsuited for prose, or story-writing. I mostly find stories more compelling than poetry, however, and it infuriates me how I can't seem to write any stories. I just don't have the knack. Will keep trying.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive