Monday, September 4

Steve Irwin's dead. I don't even know why I care so much. He was always on the verge of getting on my nerves.

Yet something deep inside of me - the primal snake-grappling, crocodile-wrestling savage that exists inside all of us (die, Josef Conrad!) is profoundly sad. The world has lost a great man.

I'm stilling grappling with it. People like Steve Irwin don't die.

This is a cruel world, but we will remember you in it, Mr. Irwin.

adam

*Edit* It was a fatal sting from a stingray, I just found out. Oddly poetic, but I would never wish it on anyone. Truly, the man was an icon; a loud, blustering, manly, enthusiastic icon. He is undoubtedly taking this new development very well; but the world will not so soon recover from its heartbreak. Rest in peace, Steve Irwin.

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive