Tuesday, August 14

I really love Sinatra. His music has a depth and breadth of experience that I find rare in many people. When you listen to him you get the feeling that he's lived life, that he's somehow encompassed the wonders of the world in his mind and you can't not take it seriously. It hits you in your gut.

It makes me wonder about what it'll be like living elsewhere. I don't exactly like Singapore but i'm sure anywhere else just looks rosy from this perspective. It won't be peachy anywhere, I know. But I still have a yearning to go out and live somewhere else where the air's different and the people speak another language (or at least speak English differently) I need to see the world. I've seen too much of it on TV, in songs or books but I need to see it for myself. I think it's inexcuseable to be cloistered in this age. The internet generation has seen too much on the web to have an excuse not to feel some kind of irrepressible wonder. I think of myself as a child of the internet, I think probably one of many. But rather than keep us locked in our rooms surfing all day I think it's given us so much to think about that we can't be walled into this tiny country anymore. I need to get away...

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive