Friday, November 21

Taiwan plus POP

So let's get the nail-biting-y suspense bits out of the way. I've been posted to 1st Guards, which is good/bad in equally gigantic parts, because I will absolutely DIE in the guards conversion course, but I guess the rapelling and swimming bits might be fun, as compared to ASLC which is to fun what Salman Rushdie is to fundamentalist muslims. I guess also I'd like to actually assume some real command instead of going to BMT, just because it sounds like an interesting thing to be doing. 

But, four weeks ago:   I flew off to taiwan for my finale exercise. It was 

--------------------------- OFFICIAL SECRETS ACT -------------------------------------

but mostly pretty fun, I quite enjoyed the R and R.  Following that, a gruelling week of nonstop parade rehearsals, each longer than the last, designed to grind down what little was left of our willpower and leave us reduced to a desolate, mushy mashed-potato like substance. POP came, it was alright although somebody cocked up the timing, we got our chevrons and fucked off right after we got our postings. So it's first guards, whoopee I guess I'll be at camp on monday then.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive