Saturday, June 28

I'm back from the first week of SISPEC. It is surprisingly a very good place. I guess that's partly because I'm in Echo company, said to be the slackest in sispec, but hey. The PT doesn't vary much, only the treatment does - and as far as I've seen the trainees are treated with much, much more respect than the recruits in BMT. I might actually enjoy myself here. I'm actually enjoying all the PT, even if it pushes me to the max - like running 4k in vest slacks at an INSANE speed because my sec-com is some charlie bravo fit guardsman. I guess it's because they don't yell at you during PT, and I know I'm pushing myself and nobody else is.

Other than PT, sispec is mostly lectures and later outfield. The lectures are stultifying. They are perverse. We've spent the first week doing mostly safety procedures and my god is that dull. I understand now why my sergeants always complained that they sai kang a lot - this is why : Safety forms. Safety procedures. Oh well - I guess the admin shitstorm is coming my way too.

More updates to come.

Also, I'm looking for people to form a rock band and I need a bassist, singer, drummer and another guitarist if possible. I'd like to try out some punk/alternative/indie stuff and I guess I've never played anything other than jazz in a real band.

adam

1 comment:

Unknown said...

think i forgot to mention they have a whole lot of theory tests in bslc heh. good luck with those. if you fail any you'll probably be burning saturdays, and that sucks.

wb :

Blog Archive