Sunday, June 22

SPNS leg two.

I thought it was just a really horrible, senseless way to get knocked out. We were doing Very Well, in fact - 2nd placing in the qualifying round and then we got whacked by the Red Shadows during the quarters. Not to disparage their skills at all - they eventually made 2nd place and are a very solid team indeed - but it was a silly way to lose. We didn't make any tactical errors, we just got shot out plain and simple from behind covers. I know xun's beating himself up that he didn't get behind his dorito properly, but I think it isn't that simple to put the blame on him. I don't think we got complacent - not on such an important match. I just think in that match we were outplayed when our shooting wasn't taking a good turn. Mistakes were made despite the best of intentions, as happens inevitably to novices. And that is a shitty way to lose.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive