Thursday, January 27

take deep breaths

What a wreck. It's the night before and I'm already trembling... I can't relax without shaking anymore. Gotta get out of this state before tomorrow. I'm so worried about it, I can't think straight anymore. Take deep breaths. Nothing to worry.
JGs are tomorrow. 8.30, at First Toa Payoh sec. Against St. Nick's. Leader of opp. Take deep breaths. I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Two and a half years of training comes to this. It's useless telling myself that, won't make it any better. Just be clear and logical. Clear and logical. I've done all I can this week, at the expense of everything else. No point worrying anymore. Take deep breaths; just say a little prayer and dive in.

Fear is the mind-killer.


adam
Litany against fear taken from Frank Herbert's Dune.

1 comment:

tj said...

Congratulations!!! You won AND got best speaker. Well done!

wb :

Blog Archive