Wednesday, March 19

about life

I tell a lie every time I'm at a family gathering - when concerned uncles and aunties ask me 'so what course are you going to do in uni' I invariably say that I don't know. Well, okay. It's half true. I'm not sure - but then, who is?

The way I see it a uni course should be something you choose based on what you think you might be able to do professionally - an interest. For whatever reasons. I have never felt that way about law, or medicine (my parents desperately want me to do one of those). Maybe it's because I haven't been exposed enough to the profession - no, scratch that. Three medical attachments so far. Unconvinced. As for law, things are still fuzzy which is why i'm open to it, but again it doesn't look promising. If for 6 years immersed in the swath of free information that is the internet I haven't yet developed any kindling of curiosity I doubt any will be forthcoming soon.

So that leaves me in a bind. I DO know what I would like to do in uni. I'm not sure, nor am I convinced that it'll be a lifetime commitment, but I AM curious. I wish I could study literature, or music. I am curious about computer programming, social sciences, and psychology. That stuff fascinates me. Medicine doesn't.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive