Sunday, March 16

I'll be enlisting in about 3 weeks. Not exactly apprehensive; I want to get it over and done with. I will miss freedom though. With enough luck it will return when I'm posted to MDC; otherwise it's hell for 2 years. Make it a point, if that happens, to practice the harmonica loudly in the office and drive my colleagues mad.

I find myself wondering about the people who've gone overseas or are now in camp or in uni or working at some odd little job somewhere. I feel so disconnected: I've never been able to talk to people for a long time about life. Teri mentioned that once - when it comes to 'talking cock' I sadly fail. And I miss some people badly who I never thought I'd miss.

At the same time I'm meeting more new people than I've ever met before (probably because I've been in school). I think it's wonderful to meet new people, but I'm also not very good at it. I always choke up at the right moments and make things really really awkward. Still, new friends are as good as old ones in some ways.

It feels strange, this sensation of moving on - both leaving people behind and finding new connections. I feel... transient? Like all of a sudden I'm unstable and if you blinked for too long I might vanish into thin air.

adam

No comments:

wb :

Blog Archive